I think we ALL know who the REAL protagonist of Zelda Wii U is.
New Zelda announced for the Wii U and its incredibly androgynous hero might actually be a female Link. I’m assuming she’s a girl until proven otherwise because I am an optimist.
If there’s still no female protag, Nintendo, listen. You have my email.
Update to this. My new theory is that it is actually Zelda herself, or possibly another non-Link character. Here’s why:
- In an interview today, producer Eji Anouma said “No one explicitly said that that was Link,” and a few months ago hinted that they would be shaking up the Zelda/Link dynamic.
- The horse in the trailer is not Epona, who in every game is portrayed as red with a white mane.
- The character is right-handed, not left-handed, as all incarnations of Link are (aside from the Wii-controller games).
- While wearing a tunic similar to Link’s from Wind Waker, the character is also wearing Gerudo-styled gauntlets.
- The character is not carrying a sword of any kind, a first for any portrayal of Link in Zelda promotional material.
Any one of these pieces of evidence are weak on their own, but collectively I think we can pretty confidently say that the hero of the next Zelda game isn’t Link, and may very well be Zelda.
see those mountains
I’m gonna fuck them
the appropriate reaction to nintendos e3 showing
SUPER TOAD 67 CONFIRMED
VINNY WAS RIGHT
Ohhh my god. Ohhh ,y god. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh THERE IT IS THERE IT IS. THERE IT IS. OH MY GOD. EAYEAYEYAYEAHEYAHEY EYAEAAAAAAA YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YEAAAAAS. I FOOUND IT. I FOUND IT. I FOUND IT. I FOUND IT. YEAH. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
shigeru miyamoto with cat paws
yeah that’s about it